Story Jam is run by Lucy Lill and Alys Torrance. We produce our own Story Jam events, and also tell stories for other people. Work comes in many shapes and sizes. We can be found telling stories to families in tents at festivals, at story nights in theatres and art centres, making special projects for schools, and communities. We collaborate with other storytellers, and we love working with teachers, artists, curators, theatre makers – there are endless ways to tell and use stories.
Here is a rough guide to our fees. The figures are per individual performer.
- Picking our brains is free
- £100 – “call out” fee for anything from 5 mins to 1 hour, within London
- £250 for 1 hour – 3 hours ( half day)
- £300 – £350 – 1 day
- £300 – £600 – 1 education day (workshops, inset days, training)
- Travel and expenses outside London not included
- £100 starting point for preparing tailor-made work. This is in addition to the performance fee. In most cases we will need 4 weeks’ notice
We will always do the very best we can to help you get the most out of your budget. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to talk about what might be possible. We are happy to negotiate, and we understand that some events run on a profit share basis.